Господдержка предприятий-производителей строительных материалов
Gus-Khrustalny District celebrated the 180th anniversary of a glass factory. The Meshchera forests of Vladimir Province, rich in timber and quartz sand, became fertile ground for the development of glassmaking. In 1844, Alexander Karpovich Rameykov filed a petition to establish the Ivanishchevskiy Factory near the village of Staraya Akinfiyeva, which began operations on February 28, 1845.
Rameykov prudently built housing for workers. By 1846, the factory included production buildings and houses for staff. In 1871, the enterprise was transferred to the Panfilov brothers, owners of the Tasinsky Factory. They modernized production, expanded the range to include crystal, hookahs, dinner sets, decanters, lamps and colored glass. The products were supplied throughout Russia and abroad.
After the revolution, the plant was nationalized, but a fire caused serious damage. Restoration was completed by 1925. In the early 50s, a large-scale reconstruction began. In the 90s, due to market difficulties, the plant suspended operations, but in 1997 it became part of the EVIS association. Today, excursions to the plant are part of popular tourist routes.
Source: 33-news.ru